It’s very important to keep your PC drivers up to date. Drivers are often updated and you should try to stay on date with them. Unexpected crashes, poor performance or spontaneous reboots could be caused by buggy drivers. You need to be very carefoul with your PC drivers and install only the original ones. This guide will show you how to update your PC drivers by going over some basic steps.
Steps to follow:
- Use your mouse and to a right click on “My Computer” or “Computer”
- Select “Manage” from the list
- In the left side you will see “Device Manager”, click on that
- Now select the device that you want to check if is up to date
- Do a right click in the device and select “Properties”
- Select “Driver” tab and here you should see the provider, date, the company signed the driver and driver version
- From there by clicking “Update Driver” and “Search automatically for updated driver software” it will allow the system to search for driver updates.
- Another way to do this is to search for drivers on the manufacturer’s website and download them from there. All you need to do next is to simply install them.
Be careful, updating your system drivers can make the device to not work properly. If you have this problem, you can roll back the drivers to the last working version. To do this, you will have to go through steps 1 -6 again and click on “Roll Back Driver”